Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Letter of Concern.

January 19, 2010

558 Student Ave.
Penticton, British Columbia
Canada, V2A 1K0

Mr. Kleats
Basketball Coach
Central High School, 123 Main Street
Sportstown, British Columbia
Canada, V2A 1W3

Dear Mr Kleats:

My name is Barbi Montgomery and I am a parent of a child in several of your athletic activities. First off, I do appreciate the extra time and effort you put into working with these kids. However, I have a few concerns that i would like to respectively bring to your attention. I realize you are very busy, though i would appreciate it if you took the time to read over my letter.

After attending many of your sports practices, I would like to point out that much of the team seems to be lacking the opportunity of playing time and seem quite uninterested in many of the games and practices. I recognize your extra time you put into the team, and it must be exhausting. Several of the girls could perhaps be slowing the practices because of the lack on drive that they have on the team. The team could benefit from the overall involvement of all the players, not just physically but team bonding as well. Also, I think that the kids would be better of supervised during the entire practice instead of fifteen minutes in. They are too susceptible to get in trouble and need the experienced attendance of their coach.

I have personally noticed the foul language that my daughter and her friends on the team have been using lately, not just at practice, but at home as well and it is very disrespectful. I know that it is very difficult for you to constantly keep an eye on every single girl and their conversations. Though i would greatly appreciate it if you made and effort to realize when there is offensive of negative language being used and if you would be able to graciously put an end to it. I also have noticed that the girls can be somewhat unruly and difficult to handle. To compensate for this, maybe the practices could be more organized and structural. This might help, and could make the entire practices more beneficial. Finally my last concern is the girls increasing amounts of aggressive behaviour. I feel this is due to the extensive emphasis on winning and not allowing themselves to lose. As a team they seem to work themselves up into a state of mind, only being able to win. I think it would be admirable of you to advise the team that that's not all its about.

I acknowledge you taking the time to read and consider my letter. I hope you agree with my opinions and see that I am just an observant parent with some minor concerns. I admire the time you put into coaching these girls, I know personally that it has been very beneficial for several of them. I would appreciate it for you to follow up with me on some feedback from the team. Thank you for your understanding.


Sincerely:

Barbi Montgomery.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent effort on the blogs. All complete. Lots of detail. Writing is polished. Good luck on the final.

    ReplyDelete